What We Believe...
- Statement of Faith
Statement of Faith
As an inter-denomational Christian school, Harvest Christian Academy, affirms and teaches the primary scriptural doctrines of the historic Christian faith:
- That the Bible is the only infallible authoritative Word of God, and contains all that is necessary for our salvation. (II Timothy 3:16-17, II Peter 1:20-21, John 17:17).
- That there is only one God eternally existent in Three Person: The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit. (Matthew 3:16-17, 28:19, John 14:16-17; I John 5:7-8).
- That Jesus is the only begotten Son of God; that He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary; that He was truly human, without sin, and truly God; that He performed miracles and made an atonement for sins through His death on the cross; that He rose from the dead and ascended to the Father; and that He will return in power and glory to judge both the living and the dead. (John 1:1-3, Colossians. 1:13-20, I Timothy 3:16, Revelation 1:8-18).
- That salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 2:8-9, John 3:1-5, 16, Romans 10:9-11).
- That faith without works is dead. (James 2:17-26, II Corinthians 7:1, Romans 6:11-16).
- That all human beings are sinners and must be "Born Again" by grace through faith in Jesus Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 3:10-23, 5:12, Psalms 51:5, Ephesians 2:1-5).
- That the Holy Spirit indwells Christians to equip them to live a Godly life and to build up the Body of Christ. (I Corinthians 3:16, 6:14-20, John 14:16-23, Romans 8:9-28).
- That all believers are spiritually one in Christ. (I Corinthians 6:17, Ephesians 4:2-6, I Corinthians 10:17, 12:12-24).
- That the redeemed of the Lord will experience a bodily resurrection and eternal life through Jesus Christ. (Romans 8:22-23, I Corinthians 15:35-58, I Thessalonians 4:13-18).
- That God created mankind male and female. That Biblical marriage is limited to a covenant relationship between a man a woman. (Genesis 1:27, 2:24, Matthew 19:4-6).
- That we should live a lifestyle based on Biblical standards of moral conduct which includes but is not limited to promiscuity, premarital sex, homosexuality, dressing in accordance with and using the facilities associated with one's biological gender, or any violation of the unique roles of male and female. (Romans 1:21-27, I Corinthians 6:9-20).